ONE OF THE BEST PLACES TO BUY ORIGINAL ARTWORK IN THE OKANAGAN IS AT ART SHOWS PRESENTED BY OAC AS WELL AS SHOWS IN WHICH OUR MEMBERS PARTICIPATE. THE FOLLOWING IS A LIST OF LOCAL VENUES:
- An Okanagan Palette-Moments in Time, Sept. 7th through Sept. 30th. Armstrong Gallery In Armstrong BC.
This exhibition is a collaboration between Linda Hunt and HollySmith. This collection in oil, acrylic and water colour features stunning colours of the Okanagan Valley and celebrates the formation of the new Okanagan Rail Trail.
- RespectFEST 2017, a celebration of diversity and respect in the North Okanagan and part of the Canada 150 Celebrations the week of September 18-24. Many thanks to the business’s that welcomed us and be sure to take a stroll through town to check out the artwork. The RespectFEST Art About Town website https://respectfest2017.com/event/art-hop/ and you will get a full list of local artists participating in other locations.
· Sharon Bettesworth @ Raku Rice and Noodle Bar
· Sharon Isaaks @ Creekside Chiropractic
· Twyla Tucker @ Nadine’s Fine Art and Frames
· Noreen Jodoin @ Good Gracious and Practical Kitchen
· Shirley Mikaelsen @ Simply Delicious
· Ria Carpay @ Dorians Greek Taverna
· Holly Smith @ Marlin Travel
· Mandi Irmen @ Rose City Wellness
· Kris Fuller @ The Cracked Pot – Kris will be at the Cracked Pot next Monday – Friday for free mini-paint sessions.
· Nancy Vince @ Natures Fare – Nancy will have her art up in the Bistro and will have a “Meet the Artist” demo there on Friday the 22nd from 11-3.
- "When our art quilting group, QuArtz, was approached by the Friends of the Library to design some quilts for the children's section of the Vernon Public Library I immediately thought of Nancy Vince's "Happy Art". What could be more perfect for children than those bright colours and carefree scenes? After asking permission from Nancy I submitted her picture as a design idea and before long I was making the quilt. Several techniques went into making the quilt including:
painting on fabric, paper piecing, fabric collage, and applique. The library plans to display the quilts on a rotating basis so if this quilt disappears, it will eventually reappear." Jeanette Marten
- Village Green Hotel - This 2017 exhibit features many artists from the Okanagan Artists of Canada as well as other artists from our North Okanagan Valley. There was a change over of paintings Sept 01st. Please contact Terri Heinrichs at 250-542-5426 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or follow up.
- Vernon & District Performing Arts Centre coatcheck Gallery - exhibiting original paintings by OAC members October through mid January every year and may be viewed by the public before, during and at the end of a show/production. To purchase a painting, please contact the artist directly. A special thank you to Ria Carpay and Chris Fuller for organizing this event every year!
- Friesen's Country Tyme Gardens - Linda Hunt's paintings have been on display for the past two years and will continue into the near future. Linda's paintings can also be found at the Station Diner, 3530 Armstrong St, Armstrong, BC.
- Nadine's Fine Art Gallery - exhibiting art works by some of our members.
- Lakecountry's Annual ArtWalk - at the Lake Country Community Complex first or second weekend in September.
- North Okanagan Chapter of Federation of Canadian Artists - where some OAC members participate in FCA juried shows.
- leap Art Supplies and Gallery - exhibiting art works by some of our members.
- Vernon Community Arts Centre - A TREMENDOUS SUCCESS!!! 'Stories of the Past' Opening Reception was held Sept 30th, 2016. Two of the seven artists are OAC members, Nancy Vince and Jo-Ann Rasmussen who teamed up with seven local seniors to create an exhibit based on stories of the past. Congratulations to those artists for going above and beyond! This event was voted #2 most successful in 2016 at the Vernon Community Art Centre. Congratulations!!!
'All images and content on this webpage are protected
by copyright of the artist and OAC'
by copyright of the artist and OAC'